58 Imperial conv. on ebay interior

Title: Meddelande
I have a questions about the interior shot of this Imp. conv....
There is a mirror attached to the dash up near the steering wheel...  I've seen photos of 58's with the mirror there and also with it in the middle by the windshield (like it was in 57).  Was this an option? or an add on...
It seems like a more logical place for the mirror (as if logic played any part whatsoever in the designing of these monsters),
I practically have to crawl onto my dashboard to adjust my mirror.

Kristen
57 Imp Southampton
57 Imp sedan