eBay bidding

About a month ago there was a NOS rear back up light lens drivers side for a 1959 Imperial. The one on my car, and only that side is full of stress cracks, and in very bad condition, and I wanted that lens very badly, and went as high as $100.00 to get it, but I was outbid in the last couple of minutes, and now I thank God I was. Just a few days ago there were a set of both the lenses, brand new duplicates for $110.00 for both, and I'm pretty sure they went off without a bid on them. I was looking at oldcarlens.com, and they now carry these same lenses for the same price as those which were on eBay. I ended up getting my replacement lens in almost perfect condition for $20.00! Sometimes when bidding gets so high for a particular item, no matter how much you want it, you may make out a lot better by simply bowing out!
Bill '59 Crown