Stainless Roof Trim Question

O Assembled Sages of Imperial Knowledge:

I am about to put the stainless roof inserts on Subtle XS, my main 61
project car.  I got to wondering about how best to keep moisture from
between there and the painted roof steel below.  I am perplexed!  If
I seal the front edge, to keep out driving water at speed, OK, but
shouldn't I then seal the top edge (under the chrome spears) for the
same reason?  But then I though, if I do that, then any moisture that
does find its way in, won't be able to dry out.  I surely can't seal
the bottom edge, as that would trap even liquid water.  If I don't
seal it anywhere, it will get lots of moisture and rub against the
paint, too.  What to do?  Has anyone ever pulled an original SS panel
off to see how it was done at the factory?  Does anyone have any
experience or logic to support, full, partial or no edge sealing?
Thanks in advance for all advice.

j 'its always sumthin' c
--
John A. Corey