hitting below the "belts"

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am hoping that the broken power steering
belts were just too wide.  When I compared them to the generator belts they
are wider.  Also when I look at the broken belts, they look like they went
through a grinder.  They just didn't break, they were grounded up.  There is
grounded belt all over the bottom pulley.  Would this be a sign of the belts
being too large.  From an eyes view the pulleys don't look bent or out of
alingment.

When I go to buy the belts, do I just ask for the "thin" variety.  Any help
is appreciated.  I just don't want to keep spending money on belts.

Thanks

Michael Bembas
1955 Custom