From: Keleigh
To: IML
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 3:31 AM
Subject: IML: 58 Leaking trans cabel

G'day everyone

Haven't been chatting, but I have been reading all the e-mails .   I am having a little trouble with the transmission shift cable.  The cable on my car is not broken but the outer cable at the transmission is made out of rubber pipe and is perished and broken. Probably burnt from the exhaust .  When the car is parked it leaks transmission fluid.  I was wondering if this is a common problem and has happened to somebody else and they may be able to shed some light on the subject, in the way of , does this tubing has to be oil tight or is it a problem further on in my gearbox?  I have spoken to some fellow Imperial blokes in Aussie recently and found out about 7 other Imperial in Aussie. Which is 7 more that I knew about!  EXample   51 Limo, 56 Newport, 61 4 door,  61 Coupe,  58 4 door,  and a right hand drive 58 4 door.

Thanks guys
Mick
58 Coupe