Help with '81 Imperial Carb Problems

  I have an 81 that has/fad the same problem.  I am in the process of
installing an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold #EDL-3776 and Themo-Quad
carb.  I am not finished with this yet so I'll just have to let you know as
soon as I am done.  The second problem I have which contributed to the
problem is the catalytic converter is pluging up.  I plan to change the
exhaust over to a dual system when the intake and carb conversion is
finished.
Dave U.
81 IMP