Convertible Top Repair

All open air lovers,

A book that deals with convertible top restoration is
"Budget Auto Restoration" by Burt Mills, 1990,
ISBN0-87938-405-0.  Not new, so you should be able to
find it cheap by now (bought it marked down).  Reading
this book from cover to cover in 1993 convinced that
me owning an old car could make good economic sense as
well as being a lot more fun than driving the soulless
weeniemobiles crowding the roads now.

Chapter 20 devotes twenty well illustrated pages to
the subject of convertibles from temporary repairs to
complete top fabrication.

Mill's book covers a lot of territory the FSM doesn't,
focusing on all American cars from the 40's to 1972.
Think of it as complementary to the FSM.  I highly
recommend this book for all Imperialists, even the
numbers match guys....

Hope this helps.

Steve in the RoK, 64 Coupe, not a convertible...