1960 Window Lift-Motor/Otis & rebuilding.

1960 Window Lift-Motor/Otis & rebuilding.

series II jags were made about 73 till about 80 or something - the delco's
in them are English - but you gotta put up with some things like that haha -
the ones before were lucas -
although the delco motors still have the captive bearing setup in the bottom
of the motor the cases are the same and also they have a bit better
electrics in them (different plate styles etc)- I think most of the jags
went to the US anyway, so I'd imagine they'd be enough of them around -
series II's are easy to spot - they are that really familiar XJ shape, but
the front bumper comes up half way up the grille - like all later jags, and
they have the push button rigid door handles on them - they're easy to hack
up (the motors - not the cars), and they're cheap/free and just the usual
couple of wires hanging out of them...
:o)