66 Imp dash lites

 Hi all,
   My ongoing wiring mess on my 66 Coupe. The dash lites don't work with
the headlite switch. If I apply a voltage at the fuse for the instrument
lites,they lite up. I checked the headlite rheostat(with battery
disconnected) with an Ohmmeter and there was a change in resistance
value-I can't remember how much. Headlites and hi-beams all work but no
dash lites. Where should I look?
Thanks again
 Don Savard

--