Re:Body/Paint free estimates/Do all or part yourself

Re:Body/Paint free estimates/Do all or part yourself

Hi Kevin,
   I will second the opinion that for that kind of
cash you can cut it way below half if you buy some
tools and do removal of chrome and trim yourself and
even do a lot of the bodywork yourself then just take
it someplace to shoot the paint.  My brother and I
have done that on 4 imps now with very good results.
The prep and body work are the expensive stuff and it
is very possible for a novice to get really good
results if you take your time, read a book or 2 on the
subject and have time and a place to do it.
Jeff Ingraham