stuck trunk lock

I did something really dumb today.

The lock on the trunk on my '68 convertible has always been a bit of a
problem.  When opening it, I have found I have to press down on it from
above while turning the key, otherwise the latch won't release and the
trunk won't open.

Well, I've gotten used to doing this, so no big deal.  Except today I
was getting ready to leave on a trip and I accidentally moved the
plastic trim that covers the taillights (inside the trunk) so that it
was partially covering the latch (the trim was loose-- another one of
those things I was going to get around to one of these days).  Anyway,
as I shut the trunk I realized it was there and . . . dang it, it's
jambed.  I cannot get the trunk open.

Anybody got a solution for this?  I am about to remove the back seat and
try to crawl through, but doubt if I can make it . . .

Mark
with a crate of fresh fish locked in his trunk and it's 80 degrees
outside . . .