Exhaust Leak detection II

Kerry's post about his ticking (exhaust leak) noise got me
energized to go after mine.  The muffler shop guys got the
car up on a lift and had a medical stethoscope with the
black rubber hose.  The hose had been replaced with a long
section of fuel line (thicker rubber, won't melt so easy
and its stiffer).  The guy traced it around seams and
joints and discovered both the main source of noise and a
leaking heat-riser pin hole that they also plugged up.

That stethoscope was a good trick, and I plan to take it
for my own in the future.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious