Exhaust Leak detection II

I tried the stethoscope also and a rubber hose.  No
joy.  My leak was a blown exhaust gasket Directly
behind where the pipe turns down.  Couldnt find the
noise to save my soul.  When I FINALLY got the exhaust
manifold off (drivers side, forearm is still brused
from squeezing it between the power brake booster and
all the other stuff) the gasket had a 1/4 inch section
missing.  Problem solved.  Btw, when some of the studs
come out, water will come out also as some go through
the water jacket.  What a pain.

Kerry