Brake conversions and originality

Remco;
 No one's disputing the merits behind installing dual circuit brake systems
in our cars, certainly not I. Nor could anyone dispute the fact that
silicone based brake fluid is infinitely superior to glycol in terms of
brake system serviceability. Brake parts, hoses, belts, spark plugs, tires,
etc. are all things that are replaced in the course of routine maintenance.
Some may argue as to whether radial tires are truly of benefit to a car that
wasn't designed for them, but as such they are not detracting from the
original character of the car.
  As I see it a dual circuit brake system falls in the same category, if it
is installed in a professional and unobtrusive manner. I would tend to draw
the line with disk brakes though as their installation on an earlier
Imperial would involve an excessive amount of mutilation for a minimal
amount of benefit. The way that fellow installed the dual master cylinder in
his 1960 300F I believe was carried out in a very thoughtful manner since
you wouldn't see it unless it was pointed out to you.
  Things that are designed properly from the factory, like the electrical
system, and work well when they are in good condition should be left alone.
I can't tell you the number of radios where I have spent days trying to
trace out the wiring from a diagram because some weekend warrior thought
that he knew how to install parts better then the factory. Fortunately with
my car the former owners didn't have much zeal for carrying out backyard
engineering under the hood, the least I can do is carry on with their
tradition.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.