440 vac leak??

In a message dated 3/15/2002 7:51:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm convinced it is a fuel/air thing.  Either a vacuum leak or the carb.
Wish I had a spare carb.  Btw, its a rebuilt (store bought rebuilt)
Thermoquad. >>

Find another carb, an AFB or AVS, even a known good, eh working, Holly, and
try it.
If another carb doesn't change things, and if you have another distributor,
you might want to try it, the reason I say that is because I once had an
experience in which the advance mechanism was gunked up and self limited
itself, the engine ran ok until one day the gunk broke loose and the advance
changed. Of course the more common thing is the reverse, the gunk in the
distributor petrifies and limits the advance, either way it can drive you
nuts!

Roy
67 Crown FDHT