Technology, and our Imperial's "purity"

On the one hand, when you hold the title and the keys, you can do whatever you want, whether it's a pristine show car or a derby car.

On the other hand, it's absolutely asinine to put a Chevy alternator into a '59 Imperial.  Pardon my bluntness, but any mechanic who would cobble up a car like this so that the ammeter can't be used isn't the brightest bulb on the string.  Even assuming the dubious premise that generators aren't adequate, there are a number of MoPar alternator setups which could have been installed with proper regulation and gauge function.  The car doesn't have a rear window defroster, stereo amp, or anything that draws any huge amount of power.

Somebody needs to tell the Emperor that he has no clothes...

...I may not know what I'm talking about, but that never stops me...

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA