levels of adulteration

> significantly different from a modern vehicle is an
> important aspect to me.
> Thinking I am smarter than the folks who designed
> and built it does not.  It
> has been around for longer than I have.  An Imperial

Its not about the hubris of believing one is smarter
than the original constructors of our fine Imperials.

Had the intelligent engineers at ChryCo had these
items at the time, they would have, I believe,
included them on the car.  In other cases, often the
bean counters took over (such as with my now-dual
exausts).

My Imperial is modified from original in that it has a
Mopar Orange Box ignition, radial tires, dual
aluminized exhausts, and modern replacement items such
as oil filter, plugs, wires, etc.  The only "major"
mod I consider is the electronic ignition, which was
added only a few years later as standard, anyway.
And, it is a mopar part.

I tried a Carter carb in place of the Holley, but
found after rebuilding the Holley that I liked it
better anyway.  I think the same would probably be
true of most other modifications that could be done.

I will agree, that for a specialty car such as in
Imperial, keeping it as original as possible (same
basic engine, tranny, etc) is a superior philosophy to
the "musclecar mentality" of different engines,
trannies, etc.  But hey, that's why I own one of both!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Christmas is over now
So I'm changing my haiku