Technology or Adulteration?

You people are hard core :)
  My Imperial is an 80's model and was already "debased" by a 360, 727
trans, backyard carb conversion etc etc.
  I can understand how you guys with your 50's & 60's cars want to keep
yours original.  I got this car just so I wouldn't have to modify my 'cuda,
but if you're really driving your car on a daily basis, I don't think you
can make an argument against disc brakes, EFI, electronic ignition, radial
tires, overdrive trans etc.
  To state that somebody bought the wrong car because they don't want to
live with the drawbacks of 50's tech is kind of silly.  I bought my Imperial
because I like the looks.  Most people like to individualize their cars.
Changing the mechanicals is part of that.  A lot of us have cars that would
have been scrapped if we didn't take them.  Don't look down on us for
putting headers, dual exhausts, & bigger tires.
  If you want to keep your car original I am all for it, but remember,
better running and nonoriginal is better than to have a hangar queen.
  ROb
PS I am not in favor of the wanton destruction of original parts.  My 'cuda
is original with the exception electronic ignition converison, performed in
1973 and wheels and tires.  I still have the original spare, wheels, dog
dishes, ignition, oringal carb (running a replacement AVS since 1973). I
still have two original tires (dry rotted, but they hold my parts car up)