UpGrades or Old Dogs & New Tricks

I have been driving vintage Imperials,Chryslers, and Mopar products for
the last 33 years. To validate my credentials the list is as follows -
1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe, 1959 Imperial Crown Southampton, 1964
Plymouth Valiant, 1962 Chrysler Newport,1968 Chrysler New Yorker, 1971
Chrysler Newport, 1996 Plymouth Neon, and last but certainly not least a
1967 Imperial Crown Coupe (Large Marg). In the Coupe I installed a Mopar
electronic ignition/ distributor, a solid state voltage regulator, the
current Holly carb that most closely matches the factory original, and
dual exhausts. This was predicated on my experience w/ the 413 in the '59
and the 440 in the '68 both of which had a nasty habit of going out of
tune fairly rapidly as the points went out of spec. The experience of
fouled plugs,  hard starting, and bad fuel economy sold me on late 20th
century techno up grades. The Imperial starts with a bump of the key ,
gets good mileage for the size and power of the engine (considering the
crummy reform gas) and has far less unburnt fuel mixing with the oil and
going out the tailpipe. My duty as steward of this increasingly rare
breed is to make it last in good condition as long as possible. If this
makes me a heretic then call me an Imperial Lutheran.

Marc

67 Coupe