fuel pump rotisserie

I speak from personal experience on this one.  The
first time I ever changed a fuel pump, I heard all the
horror stories about that darn rod not staying up.
(don'tcha hate it when your rod won't stay
up?)However, as luck would have it, the vehicle was
parked on the side of the road, with the fuel pump
(passenger side) facing in.  Due to the crown of the
road, this reduced the "gravitational pulling angle"
(for lack of a better term) and I didn't have any
problem at all getting the rod to stay as I ascended
the fuel pump to its mounting position.  Granted, it
was very cold too, which may have increased the
viscosity of the grease enough to help hold the rod up
there as well (while freezing the skin off of my
fingers, I might add!)

Anyway, it may be significant, it may not be.  But
I've been in enough situations where "every little bit
helps".  Besides, jacking up the passenger side might
make it much easier to get at the pump from underneath
the car.  And if your car is anywhere near as filthy
as mine are, you'll likely flush some of those empty
Wendy's wrappers out of the driver's side door (per
Mr. Benjamin's suggestion)

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Christmas is over now