lonely 67

On Monday I was called up to Plattsburgh, NY on
business, so I decided to have dinner with fellow
IMLer and all-around-tinkerer Otis Davidson, aka
Steve, in Albany.  After food, we went to look at a
forlorn '67 that was sitting in the rear parking lot
of an Enterprise rent-a-car near the Albany Airport.

According to Steve, the car's been there for at least
5 years, its for sale, but I guess recently its just
been sitting in this back lot.  The driver's front
tire is flat.

The car looked not-so-bad.  Certainly better than the
'68 we looked at near Troy, Ny last fall.  There
weren't any tell-tale puddles underneath, and the
underside looked really clean.  It even had the proper
bris on the single tailpipe.    The paint was faded,
it looked like it had been repainted, and the roof was
white.  The body was a turquoise color.  I'd never
seen this before- it was a metal roof, just done in a
two-tone sort of thing.

There was no rust on the car, except for one part
about 1/2 way up the driver's door that looked like
the paint had been scorched away.  But no rust
through, and the bottom of the car, as I said, looked
like it'd never seen salt- rare for a NE car.

Chrome was so-so.  It was all there, but dull and/or
pitted.  Interior was really nice- turquoise leather
with dual armrest, the leather was really nice except
for the top seam in the rear seat, which had separated
all the way across the top of the rear seat.

The car has the 'eye', the auto-dimmer, plus
auto-pilot and power vents- no power locks, though.
Tilt-o-scope wheel, and rear air, too.  95,000 miles.

The soap on the window said $4500, which may be why
this car has been sitting.  I estimate it to be a
2000-3000 dollar car, IF everything is in usable shape
mechanically (and if it had 4 new tires...can you say
dry rot?).  Steve can get you contact info if you're
interested...like I said this thing's been for sale
for awhile...the owner either doen't really want to
sell it or might seriously consider any reasonable
offer.  Oh, yeah, its a 4 dr hardtop.

Hope it finds a good home!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro