fuselage leaks

Hey Gang:

     Well as the current owner of two fuselage Imperials, I have not
expierenced any leaks in the trunks of either.  Of course that is not to say
that I have not owned fuselage cars in the past that have not leaked.... I
seem to recall having a 69 4 door that was giving me the very same headache,
  Well after what seemd like weeks of problems and nary an answer I decided
to take a different route.. What I did was a bit strange but it got the job
done for me.  I measured the total lenth of the truck weather-strip and I
went to the local auto parts store,, I went to the section that has
weatherstripping rubber and I started comeparing styles. Well what I came up
with was the same style of weatherstip but only a thinker size. I figured by
doing that, I could eliminate the problem and it woudl take up extra space
adn seek out and therefor stop my leak.  WEll I went home and proceeded to
put in on,, and to my amazment,,it worked after all..Of course I was always
checking the truck for leaks ..just to be sure...WEll I hope that my
imformation was at least a little useful...

                                            Tony Fortner

                                             (IMP6971)
                                             69 2 door
                                             71 4 door