restoring numbers on speedometer

--- Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know how these letters were painted
> originally?  Is there a
> way to do it now?  I've thought of creating a mask
> around the letters
> and spraying them, but I don't know how I'd create
> such a detailed
> mask.  Any help would be appreciated!

Mark,

I think your best bet might be to visit your local
hobby store and invest in a paint stick.  These things
are essentially "magic markers" filled with enamel
paint.  They come in a variety of common colors.  I
think the wedge-shaped felt tip of the paint stick
would make it easier to paint the raised portion of
the speedometer numerals without smearing paint onto
the rest of the instrument cluster.

Good luck!

Elijah