Please Welcome San LemkuilImperials in 1/43 scale

Please Welcome San LemkuilImperials in 1/43 scale

There was another company that did a '65 Imperial comvertible in 1/43 scale,
called SABRA, from Israel (Sabra means "born in Israel" in Hebrew). It was a
simple model, but it captured the lines well and the scale was accurate,
whereas the Corgi model was too small (about 1/50 scale). Sabra models were
marketed in some countries under the name Cragstan. I have several 1/43
scale Imperials in my collection starting with a 1949 Crown Imperial
limousine by Western Models. Next is a '51 convertible by Brooklin, a
beautiful '55 Newport coupe by USA (a division of Motor City), and an
absolutely fantastic '56 Crown limousine by Legendary Motorcars. This highly
detailed jewel even has real wire wheels! Conquest of Holland did a trio of
'57 Imperials -- two and four door Southamptons and a convertible. Finally,
there is the outstanding '61 Custom two door Southhampton by Brooklin, soon
to be followed by a '61 convertible. Imperials from 1958 through 1968 were
modelled in 1/25 scale, either as dealer promotional models or as kits.

Ross Klein
'56 Imperial sedan, two-tone green
'78 NYB 4 dr. Golden Fawn
'Life's too short to drive 'ordinary' cars"