New Alternator on my '59

At 08:46 AM 3/6/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>The truly original examples of the older cars slowly disappear, as they are
>modernized with improved technology.  Pretty soon, all we will have is old
>"looking" cars driving around with Honda running gear.

Dick, I think it will take 3 or 4 Acura engines to propel an Imperial!

I think what is happening here is that fewer and fewer mechanics understand
the old hardware, even though the hardware itself is simple.  May be they
don't care learning about them.  They only understand replacing parts
because this is where the industry is going.  Nobody cares about the
old.  If its old, its bad news.  New is what they want.  This is a consumer
society!  However, for us that know better, preserving the old is both cost
effective and cool!  Bill, even if you live 20 miles from work and drive
your Imp 40 miles per day with 12 mpg, you still save money compared to
driving a 30 mpg modern car if you include car payments and insurance...
D^2