67 imperial heater control

How is the temperature regulated in a 67 imperial w/reg a/c ? Is there a water valve in the heaterbox under the dash ? or does hot water always circulate and the air mixture is changed w/ducting ?  The fsm  doesn't spell it out. Right now I have no temp regulation in either my 4dr or convert. Anybody ever have one of these systems apart ?  thanks, Mike Becker

          67 4dr    67 vert   72rr    77pw