1959 Ghia limousine - Canadian Royal Tour Car

1959 Ghia limousine - Canadian Royal Tour Car

hello all,
re bill watson's mention of this car:
the 1959 ghia limo used for the royal tour of canada
in 1959 was actually a 57 converted to 59 appearance.
it had the rear of the roof fitted with a removeable
glass dome.
the big 3 automakers each contributed a limo to the
canadian government for the tour.
the car has been restored and is for sale for $112,000
!!
it was restored by the guild of automotive restorers
inc.  in ontario, canada (guildclassiccars.com)
it can be seen on their website under cars for sale
and  at :
guildclassiccars.com/1959_chrysler_imperial_Limo.htm

they do call it a chrysler imperial, but i think they
can be forgiven since it looks fantastic!
my parents have some slides they took in 59 which show
the car on tour but you mainly just see liz waving
from the back seat and not enough of the car! i'll
have to find these and send them onto the iml.

mark,    vancouver & victoria, bc canada

81 imp
78 nyb salon