'57; how scarce?

At 12:41 AM 3/3/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I am not trying to be a snob in reverse.  More than having a thing for all
>Imperials, I really just have a thing for MY Imperial.  Cosmetically, mine
>is pretty far gone, although it is not rusty at all and the chrome is really
>good.
>Of course, the third way
>is simply to do the best I can with what I have and enjoy the heck out of it
>as often as possible.

Hugh, the first time I saw your "paint job" I was a bit "surprised".  But
then again, it doesn't really look that bad.  Its definitely unique, and it
gives your car a really unique character.  Your Miss Blueberry has a real
tough, "don't mess with me" type of  look.  The standard faded luxury car
look is paint that is still shiny in places but fading in others.  Your 58
is nothing like that.  Also, this paint finish totally separates you from
the typical "restorer" that keeps his car in the garage and babies it
weekend after weekend so it looks "better than new".  Too bad the fellows
in the SA Mopar show last October totally missed that.  It may be best to
keep your car like that, rather than apply a cheap shiny paint job, till
you are ready to have a truly professional paint job.  Till then, just keep
on driving it, that's what it was designed for!
D^2