best way to clean a convertible top

To all members,
     Isn't it ironic that in these times when our
national pride is supposedly at an all time high, that
one of the symbols of our beloved country and our
favorite automobile is the eagle? I think it's
appropriate.
     My question to you fellow convertible owners is,
(I own a triple white 1966 crown w/factory air)what
have you found to be the most effective way to clean
your tops? My car has a ten year old elk-grain vinyl
material that was the same as the original. The car is
not winter driven, it is covered and garaged, but the
white top still gets dirty.
Thank you.