torqueflite problems

Hi all

I have some problems on my 57 torqueflite trans
yesterday took my imp for a 300 miles trip most of it trough small places
So not at high speeds but rather a lot of shifts after a while I noticed
that the 1st to 2nd
shift was ok but from 2nd to 3 trd There was a delay in the shift so a slow
shift like there was something sliping.
now the oil smels a bit burned .
I have a extra oil cooler instaled .
Now I noticed the the cooler stays cold and also the lines to the oilcooler
are almost cold
Can this be a block in the lines ?
In the service manuel they write about a special tool to ajust the
brakebands can I do this with a normal tourque wrench and what is the torque
to adjust in NM
Thanks for any advice Remco