61 based Limo

OK.  If it were me, I'd make the new pieces of maple, then sand cast
them in potmetal just like the originals - but you are a sheetmetal
wizard!  The real trick may be not the trim, but the running crease
in the body, that follows the same slope and has diminishing depth
toward the rear.  It would be really hard to fake that at the
extension zone.  Maybe you could keep the original position of the
trim, and just extend unadorned fin surface behind, smoothing out the
crease back there (where it's not too deep).  Hard to describe
verbally.  I'll send you a sketch off-IML.

jc