1973 Drivers Power window making Popping Noise

1973 Drivers Power window making Popping Noise

When I R&Red my window motor and raising mechanism I made the mistake of
washing the concentric spring in solvent. That removed all lube from the
coil. The coil slips by itself as the window goes up and down, without lube
any rust or dirt within it causes it to catch and jump (pop). Lube the spring
entirely, using a small screwdriver to create a gap as you work your way
around will help. I used Tri-Flow but grease would be better. That should
take care of the popping.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT

In a message dated 2/26/2002 11:13:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,