stereo solutions

Hey, can't help but add my two cents to the stereo
modernization thread.  One way of incorporating a
newer stereo into your ancient beast is to install an
amplifier somewhere hidden in the car (under the dash,
with these beast's huge dashes, or under the seat, or
in the trunk) wired up to your speakers, then just
have a 1/8" plug running up between the seats.  Into
that you can plug your choice of poison:  Diskman,
Walkman, boombox, DVD player, I've even used a laptop
computer to play mp3s!  Talk about a technology gap-
1990's technology in a 1960's car!  You can even pick
up walkmans for about 30 bucks with auto reverse, and
a decent am/fm tuner.

You'll go through batteries, though, so some sort of
converter with 5 volts or whatever your music source
needs would bee a wise investment.  Radio shack sells
something for this, I'm sure.

One thing though- make sure if you leave the original
unit hooked up that you don't turn it on while your
amp/s is/are on, or you'll blow one or all of the
above, if they are hooked into the same speakers.
Also, make sure the amp doesn't overdrive the speakers
you have.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Christmas is over now