'74-5 Imp,NYB? window project.

   Hi Gang,
  Lately,when I have some free-time here and there,I have been working on
changing the drivers-side ft window motor on my '75 Imp.
  As I have been doing this job,I have been referring to the FSM (Factory
Service Manual)step by step...and writing down the steps as to how they
actually went. Sometimes the manual is a bit sketchy.

  Once I am done,I will post the process step by step(prolly in a week or
so). Three different things will be covered:
1) Removing/installing the door-panel(it's top 1/2 amd lower 1/2) without
destroying it.
2) Removing and installing/changing the window motor and lifting mechanism.
3) Removal/install of the window and vent window and adjustments.

Info provided will be for '74-5 Imp 4drs WITH vent windows. I would have to
think that the same would apply for the '76-8 NYB's too? The motor changing
processes for cars w/o vents.....or 2dr cars, appear to be different,sez the
FSM.

The stage I am at is: I have the window motor and lifting mechanism out and
sitting on my work-bench. I found 2 used motors in my parts-shed. One says
Bosch American 11-08-78 on it. I'll test 'em both. The one that was in the
car is stripped and was slow before being stripped.
I am changing the vent window assembly also with a unit with better chrome.

Steve from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--battery out..drivers door wide-open in it's freezing cold
garage.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--still needs a roof-job.