Registering in California

I am probably one of the most recent on this list to register my old 1959 Imperial in California, about a month ago. It was a snap, and the car had been sitting in a field for the last six years, and the most recent registration I found on it was 1989. The girl at the DMV said it didn't need to be smogged, and fees were minimal, and would have been hardly anything if it were not for having to pay the sales tax. Bill 1959 Crown