Valve covers

Firstly;
Does anyone have any good techniques for adjusting the silly driveshaft park
brake arrangement?
and secondly;
>From what I can gather, from '51 to '56 all Imperials had the firepower
tappet covers, and '57 - '58 had the IMPERIAL, although these may have only
been for '58.
Also I think the standard covers were painted only - never plated, although
in '60 there does appear to have been dealer only installations of chrome
aircleaner and tappet covers - whether any earlier versions had this
available is conjecturous.
I guess, like any car, if you had the money you could do anything anyway, so
any Imp which had covers chromed since new is perfectaly feasible