Replacement torsion bars was: breaking (long)

Replacement torsion bars was: breaking (long)

While it it good to hear that there MAY be a replacement, It's not definite.

I recently bought Popular Hot Rodding (Mar '02) as they have an article on
Mopar torsion bars

A-body = 35.8" (still available)
B-body = 41" (still available)
C-body = 47" (not available)
Other lengths exist but these are the most common.

The stiffest torsion bar available on B and E bodies was the .92" 'Hemi' bar
--- today the limpest bar that MP offers is .92"

They refer you to -- 'How to make your car handle' - a book by Fred Puhn
And their sources are:
Hershberger Motors
777 Arney Rod, Dept. PHR
Woodburn, OR 97071