1973 Headlight doors not working and Torsion bar adjusting

1973 Headlight doors not working and Torsion bar adjusting

Chad,

Do both of your headlight doors sag?  Or just one?  I think the buzzing
you hear is probably the warning buzzer to let you know your headlight
doors did not come up.  Chrysler was smart enough to put a warning
buzzer in the cars with hidden headlights in case the doors didn't come
up and you were driving down the road thinking your lights were on, but
in truth you had no lights because the doors were shut.

There might be something impeding the doors from going up all the way.
On my 71, there is a sheet of metal, painted black, that is attached to
the back of the door to make the headlights "invisible" when looking at
the front of the car.  This little piece of metal is held on by very
tiny pins and sometimes they can get loose.  If the backing is loose it
can get stuck as the doors rotate up.

If the doors do not go up all the way there is a knob, I believe, under
the hood on the motor that will allow you to manually open them.  I
don't know if it's a good idea to push on the doors themselves--?

MM