I HAVE NO BRAKES ON MY 71 IMP LEBARON 4 DR HRD TOP

--- Jason Slaten <jasonslaten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I HAVE ALMOST NO BRAKES THE PEDAL IS ROCK HARD..IT
> WON'T EVEN GO TO THE
> FLOOR...COULD IT B  MY BRAKE BOOSTER THAT IS CAUSING
> THE PROBLEM....I

There's about a 99.9% chance that it's the brake
booster.  If the brake booster is bad, the pedal will
be very hard, but the brakes WILL still work -- it'll
just take a LOT of effort to engage them.

New boosters are available, and there are sources that
will rebuild them.  See
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Brakes/boosters.htm
and also
http://www.imperialclub.com/repair/brakes/power.htm

Good luck!

Elijah
who once discovered a bad booster in a '71 Imperial --
while exiting the Interstate at 70+ mph!