wear good quality rubbers please

Hi all...

Regarding the use of latex rubber gloves while doing our car repairs......if
you are using any kind of strong solvents such as acetone, ketone, gasoline,
or any kinds of chemicals that are similar in nature to these ....latex
gloves will NOT give you any real protection.

When I was building and maintaining heavy jets, one of the things that I
really got serious about was personal protection from chemicals, due to the
nature of things we used daily that you dont see as often around the home
shop.

Most of these products go right thru the latex glove, whether you feel it on
your skin or not, the chemicals migrate right through it, and in some
cases...are trapped next to your skin by them.  Nitrile gloves, they are
kinda silvery gray and make it very difficult to handle anything  since you
can hardly " feel " with your fingertips, are the only real protection.

Hopefully none of us has to handle the real nasty products very often, or
for prolonged time periods.....a lot of this stuff is like polyurethane
paint, the damage is cumulative and it never goes away even when youre no
longer exposed....so lets all stay healthy and enjoy our Imperials for a
long time.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe