window problem

Albanian Steve,
Sounds like what happened to me.  If you open up the motor at the gear, the
plastic gear rides in a bigger drum & uses 3 plastic discs to keep it
spinning.  It is hard to explain, but if you open it up it's easy to see.
Usually the 3 discs break apart. The gear is higher quality & doesn't tend
to break. From the archives and repair section of the website there are the
dimensions, I believe 1/2" X 1/4".  You can get plastic/nylon spacers in the
Specialty Hardware section at Home Despot, Lowe's etc.  First time I used
wood ( I was desparate) Within a month they splintered.  If not the rebuild
kit is about $25.
Rob