push button puzzle, thanks for the help

thanks to the help of my fellow Imperialists I was able to get all my pushbutton drive buttons back to working again, except for neutral, which seems to be stuck in the pushed in position. I am able to get the car in neutral by balancing between drive and reverse, and I bought myself some gasket material, and made a new gasket to fit around the buttons, since the old one was pretty chewed up. It is a real puzzle trying to get those things in the proper notches, and neutral is the worst since it sits right against the dash wall. I bought some long needle nosed pliers with a hooked end, so the next time I work on it, I will try pulling the neutral receiver out. Thanks again, don't think I want to get into problems with those buttons again, Bill Melichar 1959 Crown Coupe