Gas cap interchange

I would try contacting some of the car yards first. Most of these
have interchange books to find what will fit. You should also have a
factory parts book of your own, this way you can look up the part
number & see if it fits accross the rest of the 55 model lineup. I'll
bet  that once you find the part number, you'll find someone,
Probably Mitchells has one on the shelf.
John