1957 260 km /ph speedo

Problem is that you have to alter the odometer reading only and
not the speedo reading .. The export trans. speedo gears are the
same than domestic. The only differences are:
- The lot of pinions and gear worm which actuate the odometers.
Theses gears are inside the speedo. I think that only one was
different on kph speedo.
- The face plate of the speedo. If, instead 60 mph, you paint 100

kmh, the needle would indicate the correct speed.
If you put a 1.6 /1 ratio before the speedo your needle will be
go too far if you run too fast... When it'll on "120" actual mark

your speed will be only 75 mph
Before i find that my speedo doesn't work i wanted put a
removable circular mylar (electrostatic) with the kph speed on
it. So it would be easy to remove it in "show car".
Be very careful with all small speedo parts like needle axle,
return spring, etc.. I broke 2 needle axle when i try to remove
the needle from the axle on 2 old speedo.

As my speedo don't work i've aded a "bicycle" speed "computer"
which i can hide below the dash. 2 wires + 1 sending unit on the
brake backing plate (+ tiny magnet on drum) and it works
perfectly (with choice of kmh or mph).. I can provide some pics
of this "non original" speedo as i 've now a digital camera.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com