'75 Rear Brakes. Synthetic Fluid,Bleeding.

'75 Rear Brakes. Synthetic Fluid,Bleeding.

  Hello Gang,

  Saturday is the day I will be tackling the job of putting rear pads on my
'75. I believe it still has the original pads with 63,000 miles. I already
comfirmed that I have the correct,new pads thru this Club...they are D-86 or
83,I forget. I feel that I should replace them now..since I know(I
looked)there is not much "meat" on the pads left...and I don't want to dig
into the elusive,hard-to-find rotors. ('74-5's have big,4-wheel disc brakes
for those of you who didn't know.)

  The brake fluid I am planning on using is Valvoline Synthetic in the gold
bottle. I am NOT a fan of using Synthetic fluids/oils in an engine,where it
is more prone to contamination....BUT in a brake system,transmission..or
rear axle,I prefer using it since it rarely gets changed.

  Denatured alcohol was mentioned by someone. I guess he uses it to flush
the system before ading new fluid. I am wondering if I should do it...and
what the heck denatured alcohol is. I'm planning on bleeding the whole
sytem....front and back.

  Any opinions are welcomed.  Thanks.

  Steve from Albany,N.Y.
  '75 Imp 4dr <--got new front rotors,pads,bearings/races,seals..on the
front last year.
  '79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--has big brakes..they are all good. The rear 16
inch drum-brakes have 2 wheel-cyls for each side.