Interchange list...heater control valve

Hi Thomas & gang,

I used a HCV from a '63 Chrysler to replace the leaky one on our '62 Imperial.
The cable control connects properly and it mounts properly into the hole in the
firewall. The main differences were the "pipes" on the '63 Chrysler HCV are a
little bit shorter than the Imperial's original. This causes the valve body to
be closer to the firewall (inside the passenger compartment) but the cable
control connects and works just fine. The other main difference is the Chrysler
HCV does not have the thermostatic sensor "bulb" that the Imperial HVC has.
The manufacturer is different as well, but the stamp on the Chrsler HCV is a
symbol/logo so I can't tell who's built it.

If you can't locate the correct HCV (Ranco R-16 on the '62s, don't know for
'61) you might/should be able to use one from a '63 Chrysler. So far it is
working just fine for me! Of course my A/C isn't working, and I can't tell what
the function of the sensor "bulb" is. I may need that sensor eventually to get
it all working properly, but at least for now I have heat!

Good luck!

Imperial Regards,

Jay Mc Kee
'62 Crown Southampton 4-door