IML: Imperial And New Yorker The Same?

Hello All,
Every time I hear this argument, I really have to wonder how it ever got started?  The wheelbases on the Chryslers varied between 122 and 126 inches from 1956 to 1975. In the same time frame Imperial varied from 124 to 133 inches. From 1957 to 1966, the Imperial had an entirely unique frame and cowl. Look at a 64 Chrysler and a 64 Imperial. The difference is obvious. Also, all 64 Imperials had a NINE coat paint job!!! The last two were WET sanded, by hand. My 64 Newport had nowhere close to this attention to detail. True the drivetrain was ALWAYS shared with the New Yorker. But, how would you expect Chrysler Corporation to rationalize the expenditure for a unique drivetrain in a line that annually sold less than 25,000 units?
As to the uniqueness of Cadillac and Lincoln, a closer look reveals that this is just so much misinformation. Take a look at a the 76 Ninety Eight, Electra and Sedan de Ville. If you look at them in profile, you can see that the entire center body sections, including the cowl and windshield are the same. For that matter look at a 53 Roadmaster and a Series 62. Both share the same center section.  This approach is referred to as body engineering or sharing. It is the only way that a major car company could possibly spread out the costs of engineering an ENTIRE CAR LINE.
                                Just some Thoughts,
                                                     Allan from Billings, Montana