Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:08 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Muriatic Acid vs. Vinegar

"A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want to strip fast, muriatic acid works good as well, it strips rust in minutes instead of days.

Is muriatic acid caustic or dangerous?  Is it OK for skin, or does it require special handling?

I have been in the habit of taking the used vinegar and rust-sludge and pouring it out on the back hillside, figuring that it wasn't an environmental danger.  How does one dispose of muriatic acid when it's used up?

Kenyon Wills