Fwd: IML: 413 vs 440 in a 64 Crown/65 LeBaron

-----Original Message-----
From: commenace
To: bomtie@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:54:06 -0400
Subject: Re: IML: 413 vs 440 in a 64 Crown/65 LeBaron

When building the enigine, it's important to get the right cam. I got mine from Mopar Peformance. It's a low lift short duration "RV/Competition" cam. This will give you nice low end torque. I also used Keith Black .020 over hypereutectic pistons, not extremely easy to find, but Summit Racing probably has 'em. As long as you got the right components, you'll get the right results.?
?
Finding the right machine shop is of paramount importance. I found a great one here in southern California, Evans Speed Shop in El Monte. They're pricey, but do great work. Besides, machine work is not something you can just redo. Once it's done right, you shouldn't have to worry about it for a hundred thousand miles. Don't forget to have the valve seats hardened to allow you to use unleaded gas with no worries.?
?
In essence, a low lift cam is the way to go for bottom end power. Whatever cam you use, you have to find an intake manifold to match it well, and of course, a carb to match. I used a rebuilt Carter, I think it's 650CFM, but you can probably go a little higher, I think I might go up to 750CFM.?
?
Ultimately, take your time building it, be VERY detail oriented, and you should get a sound engine that'll get you up to 65 in a hurry for a long time.?
?
Good Luck. If you like, you can ask me off list any other questions.?
?
John.?
commenace@xxxxxxxxxxxx?
?