Re: IML: More Power from EFI 318 ?

Hola

If this was my Imperial and I wanted to make it an " sleeper ", I would first
go to dual exhaust into a good " X " and then the mufflers.  I would not
accept any short muffler in the muffler's space due to the GTX sound they produce
which is very non-Imperial.

This system will give you better performance now and permit all other changes
to happen in their best manner.

The second item would to start looking for any 360 from 1975 and newer.  The
local pick & pull here charges $100 per engine ( long block ).  Start making
this junk yard builder 360 into a E58 Clone.  If you go the 360 route also use
the 360 exh manifolds since they flow better than the same looking 318
manifolds.

The 360 over the 318 equals out to forty-two more cubes.  This is a very hard
item to over look.

If number two of above is to much,  just pull the 318 heads and have any
local machine shop cut in a set of stock 1.88 360 valves for your Imperial.  Use
the same 360 E58 or like cam for the Imperials 318.

Due to the torque the 360's have, MoPar only put the small block version of
the 727 transmission with this engine.

If you feel that you must change the gears in the rear axle take a hard look
at the 2:94 gears over your current ratio.  This ratio will keep your Imperial
as an Imperial and do a lot better on the blvd vehicular debates.  And again
this is a easy pick & pull or ebay item.

                                       Rodger & Gabby
                                       Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'62 Crown Coupe w/std A/C & Auto-Pilot
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM
'70 Overlander - InterNational Dbl ( Air Stream Trailer )
'77 D150 w/360, NP 4 Spd, 12 Bolt Axle, OEM Buckets & etc